Baby it’s cold outside! Stay warm, healthy & fueled for your workouts with this healthy turkey chili recipe. Once it’s done warm & fuel up for your winter workouts.
Healthy Turkey Chili Ingredients
1. 2 packages of lean ground turkey (913 grams) 93-99% lean, the leaner the less calories. I prefer the 96%
2. 1 jar spaghetti sauce
3. 1 bag frozen green peppers
4. 1 bag frozen onions
5. 1 jar mild salsa (330grams)
6. 1 tablespoon pepper
7. 1 tablespoon chili powder, or 1 package of your favorite chili powder seasoning, I like skyline
8. 2 regular can of diced tomatoes
9. 1 can dark red kidney beans, I don't like beans so I don't use them
Healthy Turkey Chili Cooking Instructions
1. Brown the lean ground turkey & season with chili powder.
2. In a large pot combine all the other ingredients, low simmer with a lid.
3. Once the turkey is browned & seasoned, drain the fat, then add to the large pot with all the other ingredients.
4. Simmer on low for 3 hours
Healthy Turkey Chili Fueling Instructions
Once it's done warm & fuel up for your winter workouts!
1. Let it cool, refrigerate or freeze, reheat as needed.
2. Dress it up with a sprinkle of low fat cheese & a dollop of low fat sour cream
3. Have it alone or add variety each meal by combining it with a healthy carb: white potato, white rice, low carb toast. YUMMY!